Pages

Saturday, March 28, 2020

Apples Galore!

In my last video I told you that I was going to pick all the apples off my tree!  I usually do this around Easter time every year.  It is a bit of a tradition now!  Let me show you the process...


1. Pick the apples!  (This can take a while)


2. Get the tools ready - you need a good apple peeler, corer and slicer and a large pan! 


3. Peel, core and slice the apples.  This machine makes it sooo easy!  A whole bin can be done in a day with this beauty! 


4, Stew the apples till they are al dente (still a little firm).  Get them ready to freeze.  

I use containers if I have them but when I run out I use plastic bags. I now have 20 containers full! 

These are great in pies, crumbles, on cereal in the mornings, making apple sauce or in chutneys!  The world's your oyster!  

What have you all been up to in your lockdown?  Perhaps you could share something you have made or done with some photos for us on your blog! 


1 comment:

  1. Ka pai Mrs Hall! What a cool thing to do with the apples because now you can use them in the future for so many yummy things. I wonder what will be first, apple crumble?

    ReplyDelete

Please structure your comments as follows:
Positive - Something done well.
Thoughtful - A sentence to let us know you actually read/watched or listened to what they had to say.
Helpful - Give some ideas for next time or ask a question you want to know more about.